Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

... provided that ftpmaster accept this plan.

Yes, point taken.

>        - The hard links are required, so we will add lintian
>          exceptions for them.

I admit that I did not really get it why they are "required" (I think
this was not answered by Bhaskar.  I think we should not override this
lintian warning and leave it as a reminder for further discussion.

Ok.
I will leave these one without override.

>        - The lack of PIC in the shared library should be
>          fixed by adding the flag in the CMake infrastructure

I do not really remember this issue.

When Dominique pointed out the lintian report:
http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org.html#fis-gtm

one of the last entries is about: PIC
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/shlib-with-non-pic-code.html

  • usr/lib/fis-gtm/V6.0-003_i486/libgtmshr.so

I'm assuming that this will be solved by adding the -fPIC flag
to the compiler flags in CMake when we are configuring for x64...
but I have not investigated this further yet...

  Thanks

     Luis