Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

On 02/08/2014 06:39 AM (US Eastern Time), Karsten Hilbert wrote:
On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 08:10:47PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

Thanks for this verbose explanation.

Is this a vote to keep three fis-gtm versions at the same time inside a
Debian release?
All those infinite numbers of releases will be available from
snapshots.debian.org.  There will be only one "official"
"current" "latest" packaged version per Debian Release which
new users are encouraged to install.

What isn't quite so clear just yet: what *does* happen when
a bug is discovered in a released version ?

[KSB] In a reply to Andreas, I just suggested three releases. If I were to vote, I'd vote for six, which is roughly a two year window of releases.

We do not distinguish between releases and versions in GT.M. While most packages have versions and releases of versions, there is only one version of GT.M with a series of releases. Bugs are only fixed in new releases. Once a release is out, it's frozen for all time. So, while most packages are trees, GT.M is a line.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

--
GT.M - Rock solid. Lightning fast. Secure. No compromises.