Re: Question about debian/upstream reference

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:49:37AM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 23:53 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 12:51:27PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> > > I now got the answer from BMC which would indicate that their BibTex,
> > > EndNote etc. files are malformed, i.e. in the specific case of SCFBM
> > > {Volume: '8:20'} is the way to go. For the complete answer see below.
> >
> > Eh, no:

> > Clearly the digit after the colon is the Article number and *not* part
> > of the volume.
>
> Yes, of course it is the article number, but currently the only way to
> persuade BibTex to issue this kind of reference is to encode it in the
> volume -

I don't understand that - are you talking about how the BibTex output
looks like?  Isn't that controlled by the particular style one chooses?

I think it would be more valuable to have the correct metadata than to
have "correct" display on the task pages.

> Of course, a better option would be to have an article-number tag in the
> BibTex entry, but this would require to patch all bib-style files to
> support it.

What is wrong with using the page number?

I am honestly wondering, cause I've been doing it for years.

Michael