Re: [MoM] snp-sites (Was: I would like to submit a package to debian-med)

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Jorge,

snp-sites looks quite good now.

:)
Hooray!
Thank you for the feedback and thank you for guiding me through all this.

 I have one remaining lintian warning:

  W: snp-sites source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.3 (current is 3.9.5)

which is probably hidden from your sight if you do not use the latest lintian
from Debian unstable.

That's correct.
I am only building against a Sid base package. My own environment is actually wheezy.
I did this simply because Sid was a bit unreliable running as a VM in VirtualBox (I have a macintosh machine where I run my Debian VM).

 Since I'm usually fixing this via

    cme fix dpkg-control

(see Debian Med policy!!) this did some shuffling around with the
d/control file.

I will have to read all of it prior to the meet up.

 Since in most cases it is sensible to normalise
d/control file I just commited this.

That's fine and great!
Thank you.

 Just to explain the partly heavily
looking diff which is simply based on some reordering (but that way we
get the order in all our packages equally).

Definitely fine.

I also removed the explicit dependency from zlib - this is injected
automatically via ${shlibs:Depends} where needed and there is no point
in adding libs manually.

I see. I didn't know this.

--> git pull

Now we have some remaining lintian informations (lintian -I) I would
like you to fix.  It says:

I: snp-sites source: duplicate-long-description libsnp-sites1 libsnp-sites1-dev snp-sites
I: libsnp-sites1: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
I: snp-sites: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
I: libsnp-sites1-dev: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Yes, in fact the description is a bit too short and the lib* packages
are also not "This program".  Could you please be a bit more verbose in
the long description?  I think once this is done the package is ready
for upload.

I'm on it.

And I'm really happy to be so close.

Thanks for your work on this

Thank you.
It's a lot of pleasurable work.
And now that I'm almost done with this package, the next ones will be easier to do... hopefully!

Kindest regards,

Jorge