Re: [MoM] snp-sites (Was: I would like to submit a package to debian-med)

Hi Jorge,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:10:01AM +0000, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> In creating the ITP through reportbug, there are two things that are
> puzzling me.
>
> The first one is, since I closed the first snp-sites ITP bug, I was
> assuming that there wouldn't be a snp-sites package:

You most probably installed the result of your local effort via

    dpkg -i *.deb

and reportbug is realising this.

> js21@builder:~/deb_alioth/snp-sites$ reportbug --email j.s.soares@gmail.comwnpp
> A package called snp-sites already appears to exist (at least on your
> system); continue? [y|N|q|?]? y

... "at least on your system" !

> Nonetheless, I simply said yes.

That's correct.

> Now, I'm behind a proxy, but apt-get knows exactly what to do and I have
> all my http_proxy env variables set to the proxy address.
> Yet I'm getting this:
>
> Please briefly describe this package; this should be an appropriate short
> description for the eventual package: Finding snp sites from multi fasta
> alignment files
> Your report will be carbon-copied to debian-devel, per Debian policy.
> Querying Debian BTS for reports on wnpp (source)...
> Unable to connect to Debian BTS; continue [y|N|?]? N
>
> Do you know if I need to set any other variable in order for reportbug to
> know we are behind a proxy?

Reportbug is reading the environment variable http_proxy.  In any case
there is no need to query BTS since you made sure manually that there is
no ITP in BTS.  I personally use `reportbug --no-query-bts` when filing
ITP bugs since wnpp has a lot of bugs and reportbug tries to show them
all in certain chuncks to let you check whether the bug is just filed.
In wnpp case it is way faster to check in a browser first.

> Also, on the header files being wrongly installed, I have a fix.

I noticed your other mail.