Re: [MoM] snp-sites (Was: I would like to submit a package to debian-med)

Hi Jorge,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 03:57:31PM +0000, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
> > Yep, no problem.  I think by this small implementation it was more
> > educating as if I would have explained lengthy.  The fun part of this is
> > that you now might be able to educate Sascha how he could use d-shlibs. B-)
> >

> Hehe!
> Definitely more revealing. Thank you for sorting it out.
> As for Sascha, we'll definitely have a chat about it. ;)

:-)

> >  I hope you also noticed the additional Provides /
> > Conflicts lines in d/control.  D-shlibs will issue an error if these are
> > missing.
>
> I have seen the sections now.
> I understand the Provides section.
> The Conflicts section...
> Is this there to ensure that in future installations the old version needs
> to be removed before the new one is installed?

Yes.  You should only have one libfoo-dev package installed.

> >  I bet you (and me!) would have forgotten these without using
> > this tool.
>
> So these two sections should have been there from the off?
> And by using d-shlibs, there is no way I could forget them because d-shlibs
> would always complain?

Homework: Try removing one or both of these lines and try to build the
package.

> > > Now just have to deal with NMU and ITP.
> >
> > If you have no idea about the NMU issue please check my previous
> > mails.  I have given an explicit hint about this!
> >

> I'm on it. Looking into the dch tool.

Fine this was what i meant in the now deleted because redundant
paragraphs of my previous mail.

Good luck