Re: Question about debian/upstream reference

Hello Andreas,

> Since I would consider this a bug in the parser I think filing a bug
> report is apropriate.  If I understood correctly you have prepared some
> simple test scripts.
Actually, I just ran some commands within ipython. The actual problem is
most likely within libyaml.

Considering a bug report, I found this upstream ticket [1].
They seem to want to address the ':' problem with the implementation of
the yaml 1.2 spec [2], and until then propose to quote scalars that have
a colon in the flow context, and then there is also a longish discussion
about the problem [3].

IMHO if a bug in the Debian bug tracker should be filed, then it should
suffice to point to these information from upstream.

Best,
Gert

[1] http://pyyaml.org/ticket/158
[2] http://code.google.com/p/snakeyaml/issues/detail?id=78
[3] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AANLkTi%
3DtRBNOo__zmn%3D%3D3hW_VhQQNG1WeD5E-1z6ZAKm%
40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=yaml-core