Re: looking for a review for pycorrfit

On 12/16/2013 10:33 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Alex,

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 09:49:51AM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
It seems that my question is misleading, there are number of
pictures in png and svg formats.
the ones with png extensions are used in the documentation.
I wanted to know if there is a way to convert the svg pictures to
png ( svg are the source images) during package build.
I tried that with rsvg-convert, but then the png images look quite
different from the original png.
According to my experience it is not needed to *re*create the pngs.  The
same is true for PDFs.  The important thing is that the TeX source is
provided but sometimes it makes no sense to add a bunch of Build-Depends
and bother autobuilders just to recreate what is just delivered.  The
main point is that the source *exists*.  So if it causes trouble to you
to create the PNG in a reasonable way at commandline comparable to what
most probably was done in InkScape (or something like this) I'd simply
use the existing PNG files and be done with it.

I see, I've just asked the upstream and he use Inkscape to convert the images.
Also He is going to release the new version in a couple of weeks.
Do you think we should wait and upload the new version or is it ok to upload the current one?

Best regards,
Alex