Re: I would like to submit a package to debian-med

Hi Jorge,

2013/11/29 Jorge Sebastião Soares <j.s.soares@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Jorge Soares and I have taken on the task to package a piece of software written by the Pathogen Informatics team at the Sanger Institute.
>
> I am using pduilber to automate as much as possible the package creation.
>
> I have what I assume to be a source debian package with me:
>
> snp-sites_0.1-1.debian.tar.gz
> snp-sites_0.1-1.dsc
> snp-sites_0.1.orig.tar.gz
>
> This source bpackage has been built against jessie (testing)
> I  the three fake environments set up (unstable,testing, stable) in my debian machine.
> I also have a precise environment set up.
>
> I am unsure what to do next in order to get this package into debian.
> I also would like for this package to be part of the med-debian metapackage.
>
> Can you shed some light on all this?

Thanks for getting in touch. In my reply, I'm assuming you are not a Debian Developer or Debian Maintainer yet.

As explained on [0], your next step would be to join the Debian Med team on Alioth and then to request access the source code repository.
One you've uploaded your source package, we can have a look at it and provide feedback/suggestions.
At some point, assuming that everything is in a good enough shape, one of the Debian Developers on the team will be able to upload your package to Unstable, which will then find it's way into the Testing/Stable repos of Debian, and Ubuntu (as you mention precise).

Please also do subscribe to the Debian Med mailing list [1].

Let us know if you need help joining the team, or when the package is ready for review.
   +Emilien

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed#Contributing_to_Debian_Med
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/