Re: Debian Med Meeting 2014 in Aberdeen, February 1st and 2nd

On 07/09/13 07:20, olivier sallou wrote:
> Great news , thanks !!!
>
> Can we consider the Sprint location in Aberdeen as well as date as
> definitive to book the flights or should we wait for a further date ?
>
> Indeed, to benefit by nice prices, I will certainly have to take flights
> that cannot be reimbursed, so date/location must be definitive.
>
> Regarding hotel, when should we reasonably prebook the room ?

Hi, Olivier.

The meeting is confirmed, and it will take place in Stonehaven (near
Aberdeen) on Sat/Sun 1/2 Feb 2014. We are waiting for approval to call
it a 'Sprint', but otherwise we can start to publicise the meeting and
create an interesting agenda. Please contact the hotel to book at our
negotiated discount rate as detailed on the 2014 meeting page:

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Meeting/Aberdeen2014

I think we got the balance of conference and unconference right at the
previous meetings, but formal talks are a useful starting point and I'm
hoping people will prepare short talks.

My own interest, apart from re-visiting the Bioconductor ctd project
with Steffen, is to get an OpenStack server running in the hotel. One of
the companies I've bought HPC kit from in the past has offered to
sponsor part of our meeting by lending us a system for the weekend:

  http://www.eclipsecomputing.co.uk/

I'm also potentially interested in packaging "hyb": an RNAseq pipeline
for analysing CLASH data that I wrote while I worked at the University
of Edinburgh Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology. My packaging of
"Flexbar" with Andreas at the last Sprint (mostly done by Andreas!) was
a start to packaging the entire "hyb" pipeline, which is orchestrated by
the executable Makefile I presented briefly in Shoenberg.

I'm looking forward to an interesting meeting in Stonehaven!

  Tony.