Re: Debian enquiry about data files in munsell (fwd)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013, Benjamin Eikel wrote:

Hello,

Am Montag, 2. September 2013, 11:21:43 schrieb Benjamin Eikel:
Hello,

Am Freitag, 30. August 2013, 16:47:35 schrieb Faheem Mitha:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Benjamin Eikel wrote:
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 20. August 2013, 14:18:49 schrieb Faheem Mitha:
Hi Charles,

I'm forwarding information from Dr. Wickham about the data file in the
munsell package as requested by you. See your email at the bottom, Let
me know what followup you want, if any. I think contacting the authors
of a 1943 paper is unlikely to be successful. We could contact the
people who put this data online (presumably people at RIT) to ask them
what they think. There is a feedback page at
http://www.cis.rit.edu/mcsl/contact.

did anybody contact the people there? If not, I can do it and ask about
the usage/license of the data.

I haven't contacted them. Feel free to do so.

I used the contact form to ask for the data's license. I will report back
when I got an answer.

below you find the answer that I got. Does this mean that the data is public
domain?

I don't think it is clear. The answer refers to software, but your question was about data.

                                                   Regards, Faheem

Kind regrads
Benjamin