Re: ITP: HTSeq

Hi Diane,

many thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:32:20AM -0700, Diane Trout wrote:
> I've built a debian package for HTSeq.

Cool!

> Upstream description.
> http://www-huber.embl.de/users/anders/HTSeq/doc/overview.html

Looks like a pretty reasonable target for us.

> I've pushed the debian/* control files to
> https://github.com/detrout/python-htseq
>
> Does that look like something that should go in through debian med?

Yes.

> Does the packaging look correct?

I'm a bit tired to look right now in more detail.

> If yes, would anyone be interested in sponsoring the package?

Sure we will sponsor your work!  However, we would really prefer if you
could use Debian Med repository as it is described in our group policy

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

If you like this idea would you consider creating an Alioth account
as described there and we could work out together the details?

I'm really happy to see some nearly finished work done for an
interesting package.  Thanks for your work on this.