Re: contribute to useful tasks in medecine

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 03:23:19PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> It is a very idea to translate package descriptions in french. I think that users do not always understand english.

+1

I'm strongly in favour of this and that's why I provided easiy access
for translaters in the Web sentinel (tasks pages) ... if only
ddtp.debian.org would recover from beeing down - but that's a temporary
issue.

> I have the feeling that the debian med wiki pages should be translated also. May be we can discuss this together here and also try to improve the wiki content.

IMHO translating Wiki pages serves no purpose at all.  Even the English
pages are continuosly outdated.  Well, the theory that Wiki pages are
always up to date is not true for a small set of editors.  Please
believe me Wiki is *not* always up to date only *because* it is a Wiki.
This fact has motivated to create autogenerated pages with really up to
date information.

So we do not need another way to get even more outdated pages (because
there are even less editors) and let active people waste their time on
very rarely visited pages.  If you really have translated all Debian
Med relevant package descriptions we will find other interesting stuff
to translate in Debian Science which serves way more users than random
Wiki page readers.

So I'm all for supporting i18n efforts - but we should make sure that
we do it for many users not for less.