Re: FreeMedForms new upstream

Le 7 juil. 2013 à 23:15, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 08:15:13PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
>> Ok I'm giving up. After > 24h of work/tests, I'm not able to
>> - get a non freezing debian testing on my laptop (but in VBox with a
>> compil time near to 3hours)
>
> ???? There is no need at all to install a testing machine at all!  The
> only reason why I wrote that I was building under testing was the hint
> that it was not done under pbuilder as *any* build should be done.  Can
> you get the package builded with pdebuild?

Yes, but pbuilder is toooooo slow on my VBox (> 6 hours for *one* build). So I did try to install a dual boot with debian testing/OsX but I went through big problems... Now I only succeeded to have a debian testing with xfce running without crashing. But I did not succeed with the SVN+SSH configuration. Why??? I miss time to explore.

> I currently can't update my pbuilder environment (from Sao Paolo airport)

Yes, your Qt4 packages was the latests. May be we need to add

	qt4-default

to build-dep to get around this issue? Not sure.

>> - correctly configure svn ssh
>
> What *exactly* is your issue?  I can only recommend
>
>   http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH

I read this. May be I doing something wrong... But what?

> Considering that you did commited not that long ago I have no idea what
> might be wrong.  The only thing that does not work as previously is
> *annonymous* checkout - but that's not what you are doing anyway.
>
>> - reproduce Andreas compilation issue
>
> I'll check with pbuilder once at home.  My mail was just to confirm that
> your latest change in svn
>
> r14082 | ericmaeker-guest | 2013-07-05 00:57:42 +0200 (Fr, 05. Jul 2013) | 1 Zeile
>
> has solved the first stumbling stone and the compilation was finished
> successfully.

Ok you can test my very latest commit, it should work.

>> - understand the subtleties of the rpath/dh_shlibs as freemedforms
>> does not provide any public libraries
>
> Well, in one of your previous mails you wrote that you have done some
> experiments with RPATH which failed.  I have the feeling that your last
> commit was somewhere in the middle of your experiments.  IMHO it would
> be sufficient to revert your change regarding RPATH and simply keep on
> delivering the packages including the RPATH warning.  So my test build
> was just intended to give you an idea about the problem your latest
> commit might have caused.

Yes I commit a draft code that I've reverted later.

>> - no available time +++
>>
>> If the package does not compil on debian testing but compils fine on
>> Ubuntu 13.04 with the same source package, this looks like a bug in
>> the Qt packages. I'm not guru enough to inspect this.
>
> IMHO there is no guru needed to get the status we had before.  Lets try
> to ship the package with RPATH warning as before and tackle this later.
> Please check your hard disk if the status in SVN is just the same.

Ok.

>> No time to create a live USB linux for people who want to test
>> FreeMedForms at LSM. So I think I'll just make a presentation on
>> Win/Mac/Ubuntu laptops. That is not the best configuration as the main
>> package maintainer is debian med. But that's all I can do.
>
> Ahh, it is about the LSM presentation, right?  How many time is left?
> As I said I can not do anything the next 24 hours but I might have a
> look into what has changed on Tuesday once I might be back to normal
> operation.

I'm presenting FreeMedForms on the 11th july conference + workshop.

Eric