Re: Microbiomeutil and chimeraslayer as dependency of Qiime

Hi,

>   While in the first
> moment I was thinking there is no need to care I now wonder whether it
> might have some effect on Ubuntu / BioLinux users.  If I might leave the
> lower version it might happen that these users just do not "see" the new
> version.

But I want my versions of packages to take precedence for BL users so
this suits me fine.  I'm pushing an identical version to the PPA anyway
(as 20101212-1ubuntu7) so it doesn't actually matter which version is
installed.  If they ever start releasing new code I bet they'll change
the versioning system so no point trying to second guess it now.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth@ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England