Re: Microbiomeutil and chimeraslayer as dependency of Qiime

Hi Tim,

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 04:53:03PM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> This would be nice to get into Debian proper.  Even though the upstream
> is not being updated the use of ChimeraSlayer seems to be important in
> many analysis protocols aside from being wanted by QIIME.

BTW, I have found on their web page:

   Robert Edgar has developed a faster and more accurate chimera detection
   tool called UCHIME.
   (http://drive5.com/usearch/manual/uchime_algo.html)

What about packaging this?

> I think I'd failed to commit an important patch so have done that now,
> as well as trying to improve the long descriptions in the control file
> (though there's not much to say).

Thanks.

> A very minor thing - I notice the copyright file declares the packaging
> as GPL3+ while the main code is licensed under BSD.  I habitually try
> not to add extra licenses if I can avoid it, so could we say the
> packaging files are simplified-BSD-licensed too?

I changed this as suggested besides several other changes which IMHO
makes the packaging more smooth.

Could you please have a look at the following:  You had overriden
dh_install which made d/microbiomeutil.install ineffective.  I changed
this which had the effect that some symlinks in the microbiomeutil
package now are not dangling any more but rather point to
/usr/bin/ChimeraSlayer.  I'm not sure whether this is a wanted effect
or whether you want to ditch this script at all - at least it does
not show up in your binary package.

It would be nice if you could do some general check whether I did
spoiled anything.  I think I will try to work down the list of lintian
warnings a bit - lets see how far my time limit might reach.

Any hints are welcome