Re: Microbiomeutil and chimeraslayer as dependency of Qiime

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 08:34:14AM +0200, "Steffen Möller" wrote:

> microbiomeutil (20101212-2) unstable; urgency=low

Done.

> We all do not like working with epochs, I presume.

I personally do not have a problem with epochs but I respect your
feelings. :-)

> I would also like to point
> to the backports.debian.org page on packaging instructions
> at http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index5h3

Good hint.  I was also wondering whether it is a good idea to use the
"ubuntu" string inside BioLinux packages.  As a (plain) Ubuntu user
I would be a bit confused to see this name in the version if a package
is not really part of Ubuntu but just an Ubuntu derivative.  So if
I were you and I would create versions for BioLinux most probably
this would be the best idea for versioning:

  <version>~biolinux-<pkgversion>   or
  <version>-0biolinux<pkgversion>

A positive side effect is that people who stumbly by chance about such
package will notice the BioLinux string and might become interested in
it ...