Re: Upload of praat 5.3.46-1

Hi Rafael,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 08:39:11AM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> I forgot to say two things:
>
> 1) I reverted my previous changes in Git regarding the linking
> against the native GSL library.  The version in HEAD uses now the
> GSL sources shipped in the pristine tarball, since this is the
> desire of the upstream author.

Uhmmm, so your negotiations about using packaged libraries did not
helped?  That's sad.  Was it a pure "desire" or did he gave reasons for
this.  I mean:  I could perfectly follow good reasons based on a diff or
a test case that might fail when using option B instead of option A.
However, following pure desire in contrast to my technical understanding
is not really convincing to me.

> 2) The git-dch command was generating a quite messy entry in
> debian/changelog, so I prepared the entry for 5.3.46-1 and committed
> it to Git.

Thanks for your work on this anyway.  As you have possibly read in my
VAC message to the list I will probably delay an upload past Mai 5th.
(I'm fine if meanwhile anybody else might do the sponsoring.)