Re: Upload of praat 5.3.46-1

I forgot to say two things:

1) I reverted my previous changes in Git regarding the linking against the native GSL library. The version in HEAD uses now the GSL sources shipped in the pristine tarball, since this is the desire of the upstream author.

2) The git-dch command was generating a quite messy entry in debian/changelog, so I prepared the entry for 5.3.46-1 and committed it to Git.

Best,

Rafael

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> [2013-04-22 22:48]:

Hi Andreas,

As you probably noticed, I have prepared the praat package in the Git repository for the new upstream release 5.3.46. Since wheezy is almost out of the door, I merged the experimental branch into the master branch. BTW, there was no real need for creating the experimental branch as I did. We could have worked normally on the master branch and, had it been necessary, we could have created a side branch for fixes in wheezy.

Anyway, this new release of the package brings a new addition, implemented by yours truly. I have written a praat-open-files script that allows to open sound files directly form the command line. In order for that to work, I had to wait for a fix involving the sendpraat program, what happened in 5.3.46.

I have also reverted a change that you did in commit fd70e4c. The man pages are now built from the DocBook sources, as they were before. I am using now xmlto to build the man pages for praat, sendpraat and prat-open-files.

There is no rush with this, we can wait until the release of wheezy for uploading the package to unstable.

Best,

Rafael