Re: [MoM] Debian Med MoM for February

Hi Sukhbir,

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 01:41:50PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> I think we now know why this problem was there. The issue is with line
> endings:
>
> $ file README_en_MED.txt
> README_en_MED.txt: ASCII English text, with CRLF line terminators
>
> In my .gitconfig, I had `autocrlf = input', and this was changing the
> line terminator on commit which resulted in the committed files being
> different from the pristine-tar.

Uhmm, I would think that there should be no options in .gitconfig that
will potentially change some upstream files without notification.

> > In any case you need to make sure that everything in master is identical
> > to the upstream source (except the additional debian/ dir.)  This is
> > what dpkg-source is checking and it breaks if not fullfilled.
>
> So in the pristine-tar (and now the commit), the line endings are CRLF.

I do not see any problem in this.

> I think a better idea would be to convert them to LF in the pristine-tar
> also and then commit. Correct?

I think leaving the pristine-tar as is is the proper way to go or do you
see any harm in using the upstream files as they are.

> > The builded *.deb has some lintian warnings I did not dived into - feel
> > free to ask if something remains unclear.
>
> $ lintian hunspell-en-med_1-1_all.deb
> W: hunspell-en-med: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
> W: hunspell-en-med: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn
>
> This is related to the ITP, so nothing to worry :)

Perhaps it is the fact that I'm using lintian from unstable, but I get
some more:

$ lintian hunspell-en-med_1-1_amd64.changes
W: hunspell-en-med source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends hunspell-en-med
W: hunspell-en-med source: package-needs-versioned-debhelper-build-depends 8
W: hunspell-en-med source: ancient-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.4)
I: hunspell-en-med source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
P: hunspell-en-med: no-upstream-changelog
W: hunspell-en-med: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn
W: hunspell-en-med: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
E: hunspell-en-med: helper-templates-in-copyright
I: hunspell-en-med: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Please try:

    sudo apt-get -t unstable install lintian
    lintian -i -I hunspell-en-med_1-1_amd64.changes