Re: [MoM] Debian Med MoM for February

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hmmm, the upstream files in the master branch are different from the
> pristine-tar files - for whatever reason.  To fix this very issue I
> commited the files from upstream source right into master and now
> git-buildpackage works nicely.  I have no idea why this happened but
> now the package works.

I think we now know why this problem was there. The issue is with line
endings:

$ file README_en_MED.txt
README_en_MED.txt: ASCII English text, with CRLF line terminators

In my .gitconfig, I had `autocrlf = input', and this was changing the
line terminator on commit which resulted in the committed files being
different from the pristine-tar.

> In any case you need to make sure that everything in master is identical
> to the upstream source (except the additional debian/ dir.)  This is
> what dpkg-source is checking and it breaks if not fullfilled.

So in the pristine-tar (and now the commit), the line endings are CRLF.
I think a better idea would be to convert them to LF in the pristine-tar
also and then commit. Correct?

> The builded *.deb has some lintian warnings I did not dived into - feel
> free to ask if something remains unclear.

$ lintian hunspell-en-med_1-1_all.deb
W: hunspell-en-med: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
W: hunspell-en-med: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn

This is related to the ITP, so nothing to worry :)

--
Sukhbir