Re: Packaging InVesalius

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:45:10PM -0200, Thiago Franco de Moraes wrote:
>> > This would be great.
>>
>> Done. I created a simple manpage.
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
>> I must say that troff syntax is very ugly :)
>
> Yep.  There are people who are using xml2man or similar tools to avoid
> dealing with nroff format ...

Thanks for tip.

> I just commited some minor and not so minor fixes to InVesalius
> packaging.  Please have a close look into the svn commit logs to learn a
> bit more about packaging.

Thanks. I took a look at the commits you did, some of them I need yet
to have a look in debian docs to understand.

> There is one remaining issue:
>
> W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at line 23)
> W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright copyright (paragraph at line 23)
> W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at line 26)
> W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright copyright (paragraph at line 26)

Ok. Since the doc files and the sample file have the same license and
copyright from the source code (GPL-2), I removed the parts specific
to them in debian/copyright. And I updated some informations too, like
the source and the upstream contacts. have I performed correctly in
this case?

> You are mentioning the sources to some documentation files but I know
> for sure that ftpmaster wants to see these sources included into the
> downloadable source tarball.  So please do include these in your next
> source release and in case they have different copyright / license
> please do mention these as well in the debian/copyright file.

The source from docs/user_guide_pt_BR.pdf are in the tarball, they are
in the folder docs/user_guide_pt_BR_source. This file was written in
latex.

> Otherwise I'd regard the packaging as read and if the issue of the documentation
> source is solved we could upload to unstable.

Cool!

> Kind regards and thanks for your work on this

I must also thank you for the great help. Thanks!