Re: strap-base: /usr/share

Hi Christoph,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:50:14PM +0100, Dr. med. Christoph Gille wrote:
> > but JAR files are arch-indep files.  I guess your intended to move it rather to
>
>    /usr/share/strap-base
>
> Thanks Andreas, now I understand  /usr/share/ is for architecture
> independent.  Yes indeed, this is exactly what I want. I also installed
> the other two architecture independent files here and moved the
> architecture dependent helper program to the package strap.
>
> Now strap-base contains all architecture independent files and
> strap the C-program.

It's nice to see strap-base converging more and more to some uploadable
Debian package.  You might have noticed that I commited the result after
doing

    cme fix dpkg-copyright

to SVN.

I spotted some final issue inside the resulting package:  I have noticed
that you install a copy of some just packages latex styles:

$ apt-file search texshade.sty vmargin.sty
texlive-latex-extra: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/texshade/texshade.sty
$ apt-file search vmargin.sty
texlive-latex-extra: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/vmargin/vmargin.sty

I think I remember somehow that your idea was to not force users to
install a large latex package on their computers but I think this is
not the way to go.  You should rather add a

    Depends: ..., texlive-latex-extra

if these styles are needed.  However, I do not see any texlive
dependency at all and so I wonder whether the package will work anyway
if it needs some LaTeX styles but does not have any LaTeX installation.