Re: now debuild works for strap and strap-base

Hi Christoph,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 09:30:22AM +0100, Dr. med. Christoph Gille wrote:
> I have simplified the debian packages strap and strap-base by moving
> the installation logic from the rules file to the upstream Makefile.
>
> Now it works with debuild -uc -us.

I checked strap-base_1.1 and can confirm that the package now builds.
Congratulations!

I have commited some `lintian -I` issues inside the manpages (you might
consider the quilt patches for your next upstream release) and I also
polished the description according to two linitan infos.  When reading
the package description I need to say that it is at best unusual to
describe specific command line options of the contained program (which
is rather a topic for the manpages or some README.Debian or whatever
documentation) but I'm not picky enough to ask you for changing this.
I just want to make you aware that this is unusual.

What you definitely need to change is to handle the

   missing-field-in-dep5-copyright
   missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright

issues.  One is cause by just missing the Copyright field (you are
mostly adding Source fields inside the Files paragraphs which is wrong
because Source belongs to the header (but probably not the topic of the
warning).  I'd suggest you visit the URLs mentioned in this Source field
and fetch the Copyright information from there.

Moreover some licenses that are mentioned lacking an extra paragraph
that is specifying the license.

If I'll find time I'll send you a patch for the hardening issue.  You
also mentioned that you do not want to move the JAR file to
/usr/share/java but lintian is not strictly requesting this (as far as
I know).  Lintian just says

   jar-not-in-usr-share

because the JAR should rather go to

   /usr/share/strap-base