License for f2j (Was: Source code for jlapack)

Hi Keith,

some time ago you helped me with a really good hint how to find the
sources for f2c.  The Debian Med team now did some progress in building
a Debian package from f2j thanks to Olivier Sallou.  Unfortunately now
Debian ftpmasters did not accepted the package in main Debian for the
following reason:

  files under goto_trans are licensed under JAVAB license, which seems
  non-free to me in this clause, as it doesn't allow redistribution and
  use under for-profit purposes, hence failing DFSG #6.

  *** 2.  Permission to use and modify this software and its documentation
  *** for education, research, and non-profit purposes is hereby granted to
  *** Licensee, provided that the copyright notice, the original author's
  *** names and unit identification, and this permission notice appear on
  *** all such works, and that no charge be made for such copies.

Do you see any chance to drop this restriction from the software?  This
would be *really* helpful for us because otherwise we can not move a
long chain of dependencies into Debian main.

Kind regards and thanks for considering a License change

       Andreas.