Re: libsbml5

Hi Ivo,

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Ivo Maintz wrote:
I: libsbml5-octave: binary-has-unneeded-section
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/site/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/OutputSBML.mex
.comment
I: libsbml5-octave: binary-has-unneeded-section
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/site/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/TranslateSBML.mex
.comment

I have no idea, how to fix this. But it's not critical, right?

it is not critical, but somebody had so much concerns with it, that some output from lintian was born. So maybe it is worth an override stating that mex files do have such a section that contains the version of the used compiler ...

I see, there is some more work to do. Up to now, also on amd64 the
octave site packages were situated directly under /usr/lib; now it's
usr/lib/x86-64-linux-gnu. I can only build for amd64 and i386; how to
get infos about the right path for the octave site packages on other
architectures?

I have to admit that I am not really familiar with this multiarch stuff.
The file in /usr/share/dpkg (<- used by dpkg-architecture) should give you some hints. So maybe you can use something like libsbml5-octave.install.in to create the real libsbml5-octave.install

Yes. And no. dh_shlibdeps does not examine the *.mex and *.mexa64 files
(octave and matlab bindings), but lintian gave an error:
"missing-dependency-on-libc"
So I hardcoded it, but now I added two lines in debian/rules:
dpkg-shlibdeps \
debian/libsbml5-octave/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/site/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/* -Tdebian/libsbml5-octave.substvars
dpkg-shlibdeps debian/libsbml5-matlab/usr/lib/* -Tdebian/libsbml5-matlab.substvars
Is this still the right way?

Oh, I really don't know. But if lintian is calm and everything works as before, it might be correct.

   Thorsten