Re: dcm4che update: managed to build dcm4che-imageio

Hey!

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Adi Kriegisch <adi@cg.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> > I am able to compile dcm4che-imageio (although some tests need to be
> > disabled because they fail; ie. one write test and all read tests).
>
> what? that look a bit scary right ? You may need to detail a little
> more why you are deactivating the test, that would make me much more
> relax :)
To me it looks like there are some data (images, hashes) missing. I
actually didn't care that much about it because on the one hand there is
already a patch in the debian/ dir (created by Andreas) that deactivates
some tests that fail because files or resources are missing from the source
package and on the other hand I first want to make the whole package
compile... ;-)

Here are some of the errors I get from those tests:
| <testcase time="0"
|           classname="org.dcm4che2.imageioimpl.plugins.dcm.DicomImageReaderTest"
|           name="testVLUT">
| <error message="input == null!" type="java.lang.IllegalArgumentException">
| java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: input == null!
(long stack trace and stuff follows)

> > A patch like the above doesn't qualify for an official debian package.
> > Probably someone with real Java packaging skills could step up and give
> > some hints? :-)
>
> Java/Maven can be quite complex, if that works, you could keep it this
> way. Usually I simply post on debian-java to get advices from java
> gurus.
Probably this could be the reason:

Will continue looking into that next week; probably someone else finds the
time to do some investigations too? :-)

-- Adi