Re: SeqAn watch file is deeply broken(complete new upstream website)

Le Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 02:17:17PM -0400, Carlos Borroto a écrit :

> I'm working on getting SeqAn into the PPA, but "./debian/rules
> get-orig-source" fails. I took a look to see if I could fixed myself,
> but upstream switched to WordPress and I couldn't figured out how to
> deal with the lack of direct links to the files.
>
> I tried just getting the original tar from packages.debian.org. The
> one over there is a tar.xz while svn-buildpackage expect a tar.gz in
> ../tarballs/. I know I could recompress it as a tar.gz, but I wonder
> why is svn-buildpackage calling for a tar.gz in the first place?

Dear Carlos,

old versions of svn-buildpackage did not recognise xz-compressed source
archives.  If you are not using version 0.8.4, you need to upgrade.

For the source package repository, you can convert it to Git
if you like.  I can help you if you experience difficulties.

  http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#ConvertaSVNAliothrepositorytoGit

Please use and update if necessary the following file for preserving
the names during the conversion.

  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/community/infrastructure/comitters

For the new upstream releases, perhaps you can suggest the authors to use
able to watch them.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles