Re: [MoM] Any progress?

Hi Andreas,

Good news in the front of packaging fis-gtm:

We can now build a set of libraries and most of the
executables through a cmake-based configuration.

The updates are in the branch:

  https://github.com/luisibanez/fis-gtm/tree/cmakeified

The result of the build for a 64bits system is reported
in the following dashboard.

http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=fis-gtm

The partition of libraries is not the same as the standard
fis-gtm build, and since this is the first pass, there is
certainly room for improvement.

I have compared the size of the executables, and it is
also clear that I'm over linking them. A second pass
is needed to better redistribute the .o files into the
libraries, so we get the original size of executables,
or at least, closer to them.

I ran into some trouble compiling the assembly files,
for the library in sr_x86_64/CMakeLists.txt

I was getting this error message:

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/fisgtmx64.dir/call_dm.s.o: relocation
R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `opp_dmode' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC

but couldn't figure out how to pass the equivalent
of the fPIC flag to the as compiler.... so I cowardly
made the library static..., all the other libraries are
shared.   There is probably a better way to address
that error...

Next step, is to review the composition of the libraries,
make sure that the executables are of reasonable
size (close to the original build system of fis-gtm),
and then start exploring the post-build process.

I'll check with Bhaskar (upstream) to get their
advice on the current status.

BTW, They have released version 5.5:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm/files/GT.M-x86-Linux-src/V5.5-000/

I'll be tempted to finished the packaging first using 5.4,
but I'm happy to look at 5.5 if there is a preference for
the newer version.

    Thanks

         Luis