Re: [MoM] Any progress?

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com> wrote:

> I'll try to catch up with the fis-gtm packaging during the
> evenings, but may not be able to get to it until the weekend.

----------------------------------

Hi Andreas,

This weekend was quite productive.

I have now the CMakeList.txt files for fis-gtm working
in both 64 and 32 bits, up to the point of compiling
the same set of .o files that are built by the current
fis-gtm native build scripts.

I'm now rearranging those .o files in to the same
grouping of libraries that fis-gtm has natively, and
then, the next step will be to build the executables.

The updates are in the branch:
https://github.com/luisibanez/fis-gtm/tree/cmakeified

They also now include the copying of the files from
the directory:

                         fis-gtm/fis-gtm-src-extras

into their destination directories in the binary directory.
These are the bootstrapped files that were generated
with GTM.

To replicate the build (so far):

       mkdir        /tmp/fis-gtm-build
       cd             /tmp/fis-gtm-build
       cmake     ~/src/fis-gtm
       make

I have not integrated yet this cmake build method into
the debian-med build scripts. The plan is to first get
the CMake files to build the fis-gtm executables, and
then to adapt the post-build scripts from gtminstall
to proceed from the executables that were configured
by CMake.

If you think it makes sense, I'll could in parallel, adapt
the debian/rules file to trigger the cmake-driven build
process up to the point of creating the fis-gtm libraries.

    Thanks

        Luis