Re: bowtie2 fails to build on certain architectures.

Le Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 09:43:50PM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili a écrit :

> Bowtie2 fails to build on number of architectures[0].
> I tried to fix this today (see git). But than another problem appears,
> for example on armel when I disable -msse2 flag or use -D_NO_SSE2
> it fails because of missing emmintrin.h. It is very similar to bug #648803 .
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to solve this problem by tweaking
> the Makefile or should it be forwarded to the upstream ?

Hi Alex,

usually I forward upstream for that kind of issue.  It has the double advantage
that if the bug is solved through a new upstream release, there is no patch
management to do.

In the case of bowtie2, the failures to build are not a regression, so despite
it is obviously a bug, it is not release-critical, which is another point in
favor of saving our time and forwarding upstream.

Cheers,

--
Charles