Re: Request for advise: can auto_test build step be safely removed?

Salut Olivier,

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> there is an upstream bug I created on GBrowse package (new upstream
> release) that impacts the auto_test step (tests are failing in many places).
> I could see what is wrong with the bug and gave instructions to upstream
> author but I am not confident at patching the code (side efffects of my
> modification?)
>
> I tested the generated package (skipping the tests) and it is ok.
>
> Can I upload the new version of the package, skipping the tests (and
> specifying it in changelog) ?
> Or should I wait for upstream new release to include the fix (which may
> take a while).

In the past I have removed tests that access materials on the net
(buildd machine do not have net access) and removed some other tests
that required specific dataset that are not distributed.
I used DEP3 in the patch removing those specific tests to document why
I did this. DEP3 will allow you to point exactly to the proper bug
report and the reason why this test was removed...for good reasons.

2cts
--
Mathieu