What exat license for cdbfasta?

Hello,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med project which tries to
include Free Software that is used in bioinformatics and medicine
straight into Debian.  We did consider cdbfasta because it is used
in other projects as well but the license statement is not stated
anywhere explicitely except that it is "Open Source".  I checked the
links given at bottom of the homepage

   http://cdbfasta.sourceforge.net/

with no success.  Could you please clarify what exact Open Source
license applies to cdbfasta and could you please give this information
explicitely (in the sourceforge hosting as well inside the download
tarball would be optimal.)

Kind regards and thanks for considering a free license for your
scientific code