Re: Uploading Praat 3.5.35-1

2012/12/12 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 09:12:11AM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
>> >Uploading to experimental in freeze time is handled in Debian Med
>> >team the same way but we did not used a different branch.  I'd
>> >consider this interesting however, you might blame my Git beginner
>> >status responsible for not understanding how you upgrade from
>> >experimental to unstable once stable is released.  Will you merge
>> >the experimental branch with master then or will you simply move
>> >on in master branch (targeting at unstable) by ignoring the
>> >changelog entries done meanwhile in experimental.  I would not
>> >like the latter because this would be a loss of information for
>> >non-Git users just looking at the package changelog.
>>
>> I think that merging experimental and master is the appropriate way
>> of handling it, since the entries of both branches will appear in
>> debian/changelog.
>
> OK.  For those who care about the Git workflow in our team policy
> document[1]:  Would you consider adding the way the Debian Octave team
> is handling the experimental branch to this document.  (And if you agree
> in principle but have time constraints please ping me.)

This is a sane workflow which allows continuing to work on the
Experimental branch, and leaves the option to fix RC-critical bugs in
Testing without taking all the experimental changes. I approve it.
Although I think this makes only sense for packages already in
Testing. A completely new package should just be done in the master
branch.

   +Emilien