Re: FastQC read for testing (Was: Some (minimal?) Java help needed)

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> In short:
>
>    1. use uscan from
>        http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/tille/devscripts.git;a=blob;f=scripts/uscan.pl;hb=HEAD
>       to get the original tarball I used
>    2. if this fails please send full build log (or make it accessible
>       somewhere
>    3. lets consider using Git if problems remain
>
> Thanks for working on this

This did the trick. I was able to build this package after using the
new uscan, totally didn't read the comment inside debian/rules before.
I'll be testing the resulting binary with real data tomorrow. I'll
share the results.

Regarding migrating to git, I would love if that's the case. I managed
to write down a nice workflow[1] for updating git packages and for
submitting then to launchpad. It takes me almost no time in most case.
I will be using fastqc often enough that I would be happy to help
keeping it updated.

[1]https://docs.google.com/document/d/17rlBfHLLrVwL20eptZGyRkrrIZslsvmiZukjZWSqa1M/edit

Best regards,
Carlos