Re: FastQC read for testing (Was: Some (minimal?) Java help needed)

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Any volunteer to test the lintian clean package with some real data
> before I upload?  Steffen?

Hi Andreas,

I'm interested in testing fastqc. This is my second time dealing with
a debian package in svn and my second miserably fail.

This is what I'm done so far:
$ svn co svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/ debian-med-trunk
$ cd debian-med-trunk/packages/babraham/fastqc/trunk/
$ ./debian/rules get-orig-source
$ cd ../
$ tar xvf tarballs/fastqc_0.10.1.orig.tar.gz
$ cd FastQC/
$ ln -s ../trunk/debian
$ fakeroot ./debian/rules binary
dh binary --with javahelper
   dh_testdir
<snip>
   jh_manifest
jh_manifest: No jar in fastqc matching usr/share/fastqc/fastqc.jar.
make: *** [binary] Error 1

I also tried building with svn-buildpackage but that took me nowhere.
I feel I'm missing something here. Could you please help me understand
the workflow for building packages in svn?

Thanks,
Carlos