Re: New treeviewx - fixes Launchpad bug #606316

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 07:05:00AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> It is not the first time that I see the same TreeView X package behaving
> differently on different systems.  This makes me worried that without
> the patch, we will not know if the update to Wheezy will work where
> the package is actually used.
>
> Do you think it may justify asking for a freeze exception ?

If there is some evidence for a problem in Wheezy we should definitely
fix it there.  However, after I assumed that the problem does not really
exist in Wheezy I did more changes on the packaging than I would have
done just to fix this single problem.  So we should really make sure
that the new version does not cause other problems (which I actually do
not expect but the release team might be more picky).