Re: New treeviewx - fixes Launchpad bug #606316

Le Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 11:23:07AM +0100, Tim Booth a écrit :

> The treeviewx package is totally broken (on Ubuntu at least) due to a
> longstanding bug.  A patch was just submitted by a contributor on Google
> code so I've checked it and added it to the package in SVN.
>
> I don't know if there is a corresponding Debian bug, but there are bug
> reports in both Launchpad and Google code:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/treeviewx/+bug/606316
> http://code.google.com/p/treeviewx/issues/detail?id=1
>
> If someone (Andreas ??) wants to check this and push it to Debian there
> is a very simple test case:
>
> tv /usr/share/doc/treeviewx/examples/tree.phb

Hi Tim,

I tried 0.5.1+20100823-1 and 0.5.1+20100823-2 and confirm that none are
crashing and that 0.5.1+20100823-2 solves the problem of resizing.

TreeView X is actually one of our most intensively used package, see
the "vote" score in green on the Popcon page.

  http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=treeviewx

It is not the first time that I see the same TreeView X package behaving
differently on different systems.  This makes me worried that without
the patch, we will not know if the update to Wheezy will work where
the package is actually used.

Do you think it may justify asking for a freeze exception ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,