-brady

[1] http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu-Debian_Package_Developers_Page [2] http://github.com/openemr/openemr/tree/master/contrib/util/ubuntu_package_scripts/production
[3] http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Upgrade_Mechanism

On 7/31/2012 6:23 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:07:57 -0400
Von: "Sam Bowen, MD" <drbowen@oemr.org>
An: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
CC: Debian Med Project List <debian-med@lists.debian.org>, Brady Miller <brady@sparmy.com>
Betreff: Re: Packaging OpenEMR officially for Debian
Dear Andreas:

Good to hear from you again.  I loved the conference and was very glad
to meet you in person.   I discussed this with Brady Miller after my
return from Geneva.  One of Brady's concerns was the the ability of
upgrading existing OpenEMR installations using a standard Debian
package.  i was hoping that you would address this with him?

Sam Bowen, MD
Ho do you guys handle the upgrades? Note I assume you are talking about database upgrades ? IN GNUmed we just ship updated files. Actually upgrading the database is up to the user. They have to call a shell script (upgrade-db.sh)

Sebastian