Re: package description rewording discussion

>> - med-cloud: description is tooooooooo long +++ Please can someone help on rewording (with short sentences). It's not my domain of competence...
>
> Hmmmm, are you talking about

>    This metapackage will install Debian packages related to molecular biology,
>    structural biology and bioinformatics for use in life sciences, that do not
>    depend on graphical toolkits and therefore can fit on system images for use
>    in cloud computing clusters, where space can be limited.
>
> I can not see in how far this qualifies for tooooooo long, sorry.  On
> the contrary - we do have some other descriptions which are 't shrt'.

Ah ahaha I love 't shrt' :D
I was tired and didn't explain my thoughts clearly. The description is
comprehensible and perfectly clear but long sentences are more
difficult to translate than small ones. I'd prefer to translate long
paragraphs with small sentences. Second remark, using smaller sentence
can improve the readability of the description (even if you have to
repeat some words). That's why I wrote 'tooooooo long' I was thinking:
"the sentence could be divided into three or four sentences to make
translation easier and to improve readability".

>> - med-oncology: it seems like this package should be splitted into many
>>   * med-radio-oncology: in the description `sed /radiation oncology/cancer radiotherapy/`?
>>   * med-medical-oncology: This metapackage will install useful tools for medical oncology. ?
>>   * med-surgical-oncology: This metapackage will install useful tools for surgical oncology. ?
>>   * I didn't check if there are packages to link with these ones...
>
> I do not see any point in cutting a task into pieces which is featuring
> one single dependency (dicompyler) inside Debian.  Cutting one thing
> into three which results in two empty tasks does not make sense to me.
> Lets talk about this in 3-5 years, right?

Ok

>> - med-data: rewording ?
>> Actual:
>>  There is at least one free medical drug database packaged for Debian
>>  which can be installed using this metapackage.  It is supported by the
>>  GNUmed Electronic Medical Record package.
>> Proposed:
>>  This meta-package will install free drug database and related applications.
>
> I'm not against rewording but a package description should be no one
> liner.  Lintian warns about less than three lines (and I think this is
> correct).

bis:
  This meta-package will install free drug database and related
applications. The
 free drug database can be accessed by any EMR using the application.

Is that useful ?
 All drug database are built using 100% DFSG raw source data.

I don' clearly understand the exact meaning of this sentence:
 It is supported by the GNUmed Electronic Medical Record package.
while this package is suppoted by the Debian Med packaging team.
Do you mean:
 GNUmed Electronic Medical Record package takes advantage of thisp
package (or something like this)?

Karsten any help?

>> Question:
>> How can I translate the tasks in french? I did not find any .po in the blend SVN... Is that possible?
>
> See above.  The canonical way to translate any package description is
>
>     ddtp.debian.org

Yes I know, but I was talking about the tasks not the packages.

    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/blends/projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks/

Eric