Re: Free Clinic

On 13 July 2012 04:44, Chuck Peters <cp@axs.org> wrote:
> A volunteer of our local Free Clinic asked me about migrating the
> patient records from Microsoft Access to another sql database.

Depending what they are actually doing, they may need a simple
database migrating from Access to MySQL or PostGreSQL essentially
without change, but clearly with some way of accessing the records...

Or they may be looking for a working medical practice automation setup.

GnuMed obviously, OSCAR McMaster also worth looking at, it is in
serious production use in Canada.

And Vista which is heavy duty but can be used a bit at a time, and has
infrastructure for support, installation, development etc.

Is it essentially general medical practice as in the UK, or is it different?

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/