Re: dicomscope package dependency issue?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM, vid <vid@svaksha.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed the dicomscope package via aptitude and trying to view
> .dcm images results in the application exiting abruptly. Using the cli
> mode gives an error message (appended below) that seems like a
> dependency issue but its not very clear if its a java dependency issue
> or a memory issue or some other packaging-related bug. Thought I
> should ask for feedback before filing a bug report. TIA.
>
> <error message>
> starting DICOMscope
> please wait...
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/java: free(): invalid next size
> (fast): 0x09a9d650 ***

Hi,

Yes please fill in a bug report against dicomscope package. You will
need to attach the particular DICOM dataset you were trying to read.
If you do not know how to report the bug properly fill free to contact
me directly.
If you cannot share this particular DICOM DataSet, please try to
reproduce the issue with other freely available DataSet, eg gdcmData /
gdcmDataExtra.

Regards
--
Mathieu