Re: use of json.org in biojava3-ws

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 08:52:02AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> BTW, I spended another thought on this license and that it is definitely
> not applicable:  Assume someone would plan a murder using software XY
> which is forbidden to use for evil.  This murder in spe would read the
> license and think:  Uhm, I'm not allowed to use this software legally so
> I will sit down, delay my plan and will rewrite this software to finally
> beeing able to do this murder...  I'd call the attempt of this license
> something of the kind "Trying to make the world a better place but
> fail."  The evil users will simply not care and others end up with
> non-free software.  I'd love to see a re-evaluation of this kind of
> licenses.

This argument does not help because it intrinsically assumes
that one can know beforehand what's good and what's evil.

Assume I would license GNUmed in a way as to say:

	GPL except you are not allowed to use it to track the
	health of prison inmates.

Now what ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346