Re: use of json.org in biojava3-ws

On 05/29/2012 02:23 PM, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 29/05/12 14:17, Andreas Tille wrote:

>>> """ The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil. """
>>>
>>> Fails DFSG#5 or DFSG#6.
>>>
>>> Not to mention "evil" is not defined, so it makes it hard to
>>> figure out whether "we are doing evil or not".
>>
>> I'd call this an "over-picky" interpretation of something that rather
>> qualifies as a joke rather than a license which can be dealt with in
>> court (disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, just try to apply common
>> sense.)
>>

> FWIW, FTP-masters already rejected packages because their license had
> the "to be used for good, not evil" bit. So there is at least one side
> that it is not taking it as a joke. Upstream should remove that clause
> to comply with the DFSG terms.

"intentionally evil" might save it. Anyway, libjson-java is not possibly
it, is it?
Well ... that has its home in http://json-lib.sourceforge.net/ and there
it reads
"JSON-lib is a java library for transforming beans, maps, collections,
java arrays and XML to JSON and back again to beans and DynaBeans. It is
based on the work by Douglas Crockford in http://www.json.org/java";

Anyway, I would not have a problem with biojava in contrib.

Cheers,

Steffen