Re: Help on version numbering

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:36:22AM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> > BTW, could you please explain the role of the freemedforms-project binary
> > package?
>
> >   This virtual package contains all version information.
>
> > I can not see any sign for version information in this package.
>
> Yes I didn't have time to put the full freemedforms-project changelog in the package.
> This is just a "presentation" package.

Please do not get me wrong: I do not mind about upstream changelog which
does not belong into the Debian package changelog.  This package just
contains nothing so not even dependencies to other packages and it is
actually no *virtual* package because it obviosely exists and is not
provided by some other packages.  It also is no metapackage featuring
dependencies which are helping to install packages belonging to the
freemedforms project.  Please try to answer the following question: What
advantage might a user who installs this package have when doing so?