Re: Help on version numbering

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 07:00:43PM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> I need some help. If I release a 0.7.2-2 version with a source tarball numbered  0.7.2-2.
> How should I write the changelog numbering ?
>
>      0.7.2-2-1 ?

Yes.

>      0.7.2-2.1 ?

No.

BTW, could you please explain the role of the freemedforms-project binary
package?  Usually such packages are serving as metapackage to install
"everything" and the best way to do so is

   Depends: <component1> (= ${source:Version}),
            <component2> (= ${source:Version}),

I admit I do not understand what you mean by

   This virtual package contains all version information.

I can not see any sign for version information in this package.