Re: [MoM]: r9659 - trunk/packages/fis-gtm/fis-gtm/trunk/debian

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 06:43:59PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > I believe Andreas was using "initial" as in "version 0.1"
> > of the packaging, e.g. the first quick and dirty way of
> > getting it done, and then revising it to follow better
> > practices and cleaner methods to become a "version 1.0".
>
> I understand.

No, I actually think the way for the initial package is:

    fis-gtm source + files autogenerated using existing mumps

The final / normal / production package should rather do the following:

    Build-Depends: fist-gtm
    generate the extra files which are added above using Mumps

As far as I understood the resulting C files only work for a specific
version and not for an upgrade.  But in this sense we could even do some
dirty hacks with the extra files (if and only if needed) because later
we will create them in the usual way.

So there remains some difference between what we are doing now and what
we can do once fis-gtm has entered Debian - at least this is my
understanding of the issues.