Re: [MoM]: r9659 - trunk/packages/fis-gtm/fis-gtm/trunk/debian

On 02/13/2012 03:56 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 02:09:27PM -0500, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:
[KSB2] I would recommend that Luis use approach B.  Since he will
always package gtminstall with GT.M, he does not need to strip the
downloading part and he can use it as is.
Sorry, he can not download anything as package build time.  The package
needs to be buildable on an offline machine.

[KSB3] I did not make my self clear. When packaged with a GT.M distribution, gtminstall does not actually download anything. Here is an extract from the gtminstall script:

if [ -z "$gtm_version" ] ; then
    tmp=`dirname $0`
    if [ -e "$tmp/mumps" -a -e "$tmp/_XCMD.m" ] ; then
    gtm_distrib=$tmp
    gtm_dist=$tmp ; export gtm_dist
    chmod +x $gtm_dist/mumps
    tmp=`mktmpdir`
    gtmroutines="$tmp($gtm_dist)" ; export gtmroutines
    gtm_version=`$gtm_dist/mumps -run %XCMD 'write $piece($zversion," ",2)'`
    rm -rf $tmp
    fi
fi

So, if there is a file called mumps and if there is a file called _XCMD.m (both of which are part of a GT.M distribution), it sets gtm_version. Further down in the gtminstall script:

if [ -z "$gtm_version" -o "latest" = "`echo "$gtm_version" | tr LATES lates`" ] ; then
    case $gtm_distrib in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm | https://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm) if { wget -qP $gtm_tmp ${gtm_distrib}/files/${gtm_sf_dirname}/latest 2>&1 1>${gtm_tmp}/wget_latest.log ; } ; then
        gtm_version=`cat ${gtm_tmp}/latest`
        else echo Unable to determine GT.M version ; err_exit
        fi ;;
    ftp://*)
if { wget -qP $gtm_tmp ${gtm_distrib}/${gtm_ftp_dirname}/latest 2>&1 1>${gtm_tmp}/wget_latest.log ; } ; then
        gtm_version=`cat ${gtm_tmp}/latest`
        else echo Unable to determine GT.M version ; err_exit
        fi ;;
*) if [ -f ${gtm_distrib}/latest ] ; then gtm_version=`cat ${gtm_distrib}/latest`
        else echo Unable to determine GT.M version ; err_exit
        fi ;;
    esac
fi

If gtm_version is set, it does not download anything. So, for installing a GT.M binary that is built from source, Luis can simply use the gtminstall script.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

GT.M - Rock solid. Lightning fast. Secure. No compromises.