Re: Relation of 'Depends' and 'Imports' from R/CRAN to 'Depends' in 'debian/control'

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:09:02AM -0500, Carlos Borroto wrote:

> I will upload a first draft for all the packages I'm building today.
> I'm using pbuilder through git-buildpackage to be sure I'm getting all
> dependencies right.
>
> Regarding my question, it was more to see if this was a known issue. I
> guess is easy enough to put all 'Depends' and 'Imports' in both
> sections of 'debian/control'.

OK.

> I do have another question, how important is to fill a WNPP for each
> package I'm working on? My interest is to get cummeRbund[1][2]
> packaged, which I found will need another 7 packages not present in
> the repository currently. Filling 8 WNPP doesn't sound fun.

Well, it is not fun and I thought the same in some similar cases.
However, I do not think that it is a good idea to test the patience of
ftpmaster by diverging from the default procedure when beeing a
newcomer.  It might be useful to know that reportbug is just generating
an email.  You might try to create a first e-mail using reportbug, save
the resulting mail before sending it, use this as template for all other
mails to send and then send them all in a batch to
control@bug.debian.org.  This might save some typing work.