Re: Problem using ./setup-repository: "gbp:error: /path/to/foobar.git is not a git repository"

On 01/25/2012 06:55 PM, Carlos Borroto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm following our policy document to setup proper git repositories,
> for new packages I intent to work on.
>
> I got stuck using the recommended 'setup-repository' script. This is
> what I'm doing:
>
> $ ./setup-repository r-cran-rsqlite 'Packaging for R/CRAN/RSQLite'
> Initialized empty shared Git repository in /home/cjavier/src/r-cran-rsqlite.git/
>
> $ cd r-cran-rsqlite.git/
> $ ls
> branches  config  description  HEAD  hooks  info  objects  refs
>
> $ git import-orig --pristine-tar ../RSQLite_0.11.1.tar.gz
> gbp:error: /home/cjavier/src/r-cran-rsqlite.git is not a git repository
>
> Am I missing something here? The only thing I can see is the uses of
> "--bare" in 'setup-repository', I tried to read about that option, but
> couldn't quite understand what is for.
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos

Hi Carlos ,
its a bare repository and it contains only "metadata" but not working
files .
Usually you clone , pull  and push to it and it's set as the remote
origin for your working repository .

Regards ,
Alex